12 August 2010

rice pudding

Today started off with my rising kinda late; mom woke me up just in time for breakfast. After breakfast, members of my family went out one by one to their respective workplaces. And me, I’m left at home to prepare for my IELTS! Studied all day, and by evening I was positively bored plus a headache was on its way.

So, to revive myself from my stupor, I decided to make/cook some dessert; I love making desserts the most of all dishes :D

Ingredients:

Rice- 4 tablespoons
Sugar- 1 or 2 tablespoons (to be added according to tolerance for sweet tastes, I don’t like too sweet a dish)
Ghee- 1 teaspoon
Milk- 4 cups
Nuts(to be crushed)-1 teaspoon each of Almonds and Cashews
Raisins(cut in small pieces)- 1 teaspoon
Elaichi(to be crushed)- ½(half) teaspoon

Preparation:

1. Soak the rice in water(room temperature) for 20 minutes.
2. Then fry the rice in ghee for about 5 minutes.
3. Add sugar and milk. Let it boil for a while till the milk comes down to half.
4. Add the nuts, raisins and elaichi. Let it boil for another 10 or 15 minutes.
5. It should be sticky, not gravy.
6. Add some more nuts(not crushed) for decoration (optional).

It can be served warm or cold. But personally, I liked it when I ate it while it’s warm :)



4 comments:

  1. Lovely dessert. I copied it into my cook book. Thank you so very much for posting this. It looks delicious and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tui hmel rufff....kan siam ve tengzz...ril t tam :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @william: i siam chu ron post ve roh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nu hming: your welcome...happy to do it for you.

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave your comment, I'd be charmed to hear from you