10 August 2010

My new phone- Samsung I9000 Galaxy S

I just got my new phone today and its absolutely amazing!! I’m so psyched I can’t even keep my hands off of it. I had to pay a king’s ransom though *sigh* But heyy…no regrets.

It looks sleek, sexy, blah blah…and I don’t even have to talk about how powerful the phone is…but of course I will hehe.


The Swype keyboard is amazing! But it will have to take some practice to get used to. Even the normal keyboard offers great input; I personally find it easier to type than iPhones. Display- crisp and clear, thanks to the super Amoled display. Screen is quite huge; it brags a 4-inch. Built is slim (only 9.9mm), yet provides a firm grip. Very light with a weight of only 119g. Since this is my first Android phone, I have to get used to it, but it awes me already.


You know, I can’t just keep typing about all the different features and what not..it’ll be too long a post. And plus, I still have to play with it for a few more hours to get everything into my head; the phone’s loaded!


However, it’s a shame I can’t avail of all the features and cool apps it offers due to poor network in my home city- Aizawl. I can’t wait to get better reception once I get out of here.


Here’s few pics of the phone…I’m holding it :D




Nu Hming, if you’re reading this, do please tell me how your handling your iPhone 4 :) We can compare it when you come to India.


This post is dedicated to my friend Zaia, who introduced and very much inspired me to get this phone (he was obsessed with Galaxy S..geez), while my first intention was to get an iPhone. I owe you one :)


Oh and btw, Kima (of illusionaire) *wavin it under your nose* :p Anyhow, I wish you luck :)


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kim! I think they call it "Smart Phone" here, that is if I am right. A friend of ours just got one of those too, I saw it a few days ago. He loves his just like you do yours. He said it is very much like iphone.

    I do like my iphone4 so far. Can't say I love it yet because I am not very good with technology. so, I am going to take a class on how to use it at the apple store tomorrow at 3 p.m. Basically, I am lazy to carry a phone and a camera. This does both, and very well. I need a camera for my project at all times. So, this is good for me.
    Enjoy your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nu Hmingi: Yes, that's right. It's called a smart phone. But not only Android are called smart phones, even those using WinMos are one. I'll tell you all about it later :)

    I love this phone becos it acts as a personal assistant for me. Plus, provides me music, camera, phone, etc. etc.

    Goodluck with your iPhone class!

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave your comment, I'd be charmed to hear from you