17 August 2010

miracles do happen

God works in mysterious ways indeed. Tonight, I went to church to attend a service where our church was visited by members of another church; it was a program for youths (ie, excluding Mom’s and Dad’s). I went not because I wanted to; my parents insisted that I go. I prayed beforehand as usual so that I could concentrate during the service and not dream like I always do. This prayer of mine I always perform, but never really worked. But tonight it did! I sat through the service without drifting away into my world of useless numbness.


Afterwards there was a fellowship filled with various items. There too I was amazed yet again; I was touched. The songs sung, the drama being played out, the solo performed…they were all so wonderful and most of all, praising.


It’s like I was redeemed..saved..rediscovered. Suddenly the world seemed bright for me again, and my God is the most beautiful of all, again. And I can honestly say that I love Him more than anyone or anything. Period.


I got home late. As soon as I stepped into the kitchen, I got a call from one of my friends. He sounded like he was breaking down. Then he told me he’s going to the gospel camp in his church. My reactions were mixed; I was happy for him yet surprised because I had never or almost never received such clear answers of my prayers from God this way (excluding previous events of tonight).


I wanted to listen to some gospel songs and checked my phone. Out of all the songs I’ve been piling into my phone’s memory I was very saddened to find I had none loaded. They were all rock, metal, various newbies trying to make it, oldies, etc., all kinds of genre/artiste you can think of. I immediately booted my computer and transferred the songs to my phone; it’s been so long since I’ve listened to them.


My boyfriend called up. I had so many things going on in my head I couldn’t talk at first. Then slowly I poured it out, he listened patiently. After I’ve stopped talking, he told me to pray a lot and I answered in a snappish way, “Of course I know that!” Yeah I know, I’m like that…but he understands :)


So many works of God in one night, I am awed. Now I pray that my friend comes out well from the camp and be a good person. And that I too won’t stray too far again.

1 comment:

Don't forget to leave your comment, I'd be charmed to hear from you