05 August 2010

fashion fun

I’m seriously tryin to write here…..*blank*…......blinkin down at my keyboard. Ummm alright, fashion comes to mind.


Let’s see, although I’m not a day-to-day follower of the latest trends, the juiciest shoes nor most gorgeous dresses, I very much appreciate looking good or knowing what trends are in. However I have this (bad) habit of absolutely ridiculing some random stranger I happen to meet who looks absolutely out-of-style :D Alryt alryt, that was plain rude of me but I couldn’t help it!


I was out shopping with my sister the other day scouting for ‘her’ tees, shoes, and what not. Was out the whole day searchin searchin and then bam! I found this gorgeous pair of heels; tanned. Fell head over heels for it and since I didn’t have ready cash in my purse, dashed to the nearest ATM lol…had a weird fun time tryin the shoe on and off and on again!


I really don’t mind if it’s in fashion or not but I like lookin stylish…look at Agyness Deyn, Victoria Beckham, Lily Cole, Daisy Lowe, Sienna Miller, Pixie Geldolf, Rachel Bilson, etc. etc. Doesn’t matter if it’s in or not, they look great in their own unique personal styles. The trick really is to add a dash of personal touch to make the look your own, maybe somethin that compliments your personality; I like adding androgynous touches to how I dress. I'm sure many will agree that it's important to own the look.


Fashion idols:

Victoria Beckham

Agyness Deyn


I’m goin out today. Chose a black skirt with glitter on the hem; high tight waist but flows out (not body huggin), white Mango shirt tucked in, blue pumps with a bit of glitter again (to take away the drab of B&W) which I got for a great bargain durin discount season lol, black Prada leather vintage book-bag, gold-plated Titan men’s watch, and my hair turned up :D Totally comfortable, smart, not over the top. Oh almost forgot, do put on a perfume you love; I decided on ‘CoCo Chanel’ today.

Maybe I’m more critical than I allow myself to admit, since my friends usually sought me out whenever they see someone (stranger, friend or foe) wearin somethin worthy of my scorn or praise. But hey, people need reality checks *evil grin*


I’ve got this one really close friend who knows how to dress herself the way she wants, and look awesome in whatever piece of clothing stuck to her torso. I love goin out with her. Then another one whose wardrobe I told her was very somber..we had a laugh :) Yesterday she told me she got an orange top, texted me jus to tell me that haha; m so proud of her..sniff..


And then…there’s my girl who prefers sparkles and glitters to every item of clothin/shoes she buys!! Oh I musn’t ever forget one fren who’s obsessed with high-end product; even his wallet is...umm..I dnt remember..some expensive stuff I recall.


Another who’s obsessed with vintage and rock! Whoa…m getting carried away. Stopping now...I don't like writing too long at one post, it gets boring.


Different pieces of clothing stuck together to make one close ‘quilt’ of frenship. They’ll know I'm talkin bout them when they read this :D (though I didn’t mention all..sowiee!)

3 comments:

  1. fashion,hmm. Stuff i know so little of but appreciate.. but you look like you know just what you want and very particular about it. Cool! Do you plan on what youre gonna wear for a particular event/outing or is it impulsive? Looks pretty well planned judging from the pics, imo. Nice entry, Any hints on what you're planning on writing about next? Will defintely be looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco Chanel! how fortunate you are that you can enjoy it.
    I am allergic to it. I envy you.

    What's your next entry? I too am waiting to read what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nu Hmingi: Allergic to CoCo Chanel?? How unfortunate! I'll keep writing, keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave your comment, I'd be charmed to hear from you