16 July 2010

cooking an octopus


-->
With all the recent hype about Paul the "psychic octopus", I kinda thought it would be fun to try out cooking an octopus. I mean I've cooked chicken, beef, pork (though I don't eat pork), fish, prawns, etc., I've never tried my hand on octopuses. So...I printed out a recipe from net (Italian Stewed Octopus with White Wine) and got on about the business of turning a frozen octopus into an edible one.

On the whole, I had fun ewking and eeeking while cutting the tentacles. Especially when I defrosted it...brr gives me shivers. Came out yummy in the end :) and that's how it's done...whew!






5 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you cooked Octopus in Aizawl. I too love eating it but never cooked it. I also love Squid of all sizes and have cooked it several times.
    what's your next adventurous cooking going to be?
    I am staying tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lal: thank you, it was very delicious :) You should try cooking it too...and maybe add your special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, i really really wanna dig dat octo o urz

    ReplyDelete
  4. min som ve lova ooo.....hre rei viau ang...ngmah poh minla siam ve lo....:(....hmph

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave your comment, I'd be charmed to hear from you