30 March 2011

Scribbles

[Written in a span of two weeks; I took long breaks!]

March 18
I hate being in love with you
It’s a torture I have to endure
But please my love
Make it all worthwhile for me in the end
Cause I can’t seem to let go
But then again
You’ve always been horrible
Playing the role of being my man

March 27
I'm just really tired right now
All the disappointments and no-shows
Keep hitting back though I try to block it
They still hurt fresh as the day 'twas inflicted
I push you to be better but then again
Should I be doing that unrequited?
A one-sided motivating force
That won't work and it clearly isn't

March 28
I'm on the verge of surfacing
Breaking free from the chains, waking up from slumber
Thoughts of a free life which were long gone
Fill my mind incessantly
I’ve had enough of always being the stronger one
Cause I can't seem to breathe, I'm trying to fly
But it's hard after so many years
Leaning against you or was it you against me?

March 30
I gave you so many chances, too many last chances
It’s too late now to change, too late to make me proud
No more work-in-progresses again
This will be the last time you hurt me
I’m taking over my heart now
And never again will I let love win me over
It will hurt to be alone but its better
Than getting hurt endlessly over and over

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave your comment, I'd be charmed to hear from you