23 March 2012

If Only


[Last month, I entered a Poetry Competition organised by my University. I participated just for the love of writing. I don't think I won though since they haven't got back to me yet and the prize giving is supposed to be only in May. So anyway, I guess I'll at least post it here.]


If I could grab the world spinning on its axis,
If I could twist it backwards with all my might,
If only for a desperate grasp to wisp of moments I waived away;
If to cradle those fragile ticks of a clock I thought would last.

But who did prove that time would turn back.
But for a decree not made to stoppage of time,
But ‘twas denied spare trickles of sand though my breath was held for long.
But if only warps and black holes existed, for my holding of the orbits still.

A deafened ear to the earth, a sightless touch of rain-
A wizard's wand, a pixie dust, a shooting star to wish,
A spell or charm, a curse or blessing, an incantation or chant, a wish or prayer,
A phoenix reborn ablaze none renders me, O silent cry of anguish!

Then I sit in the present in a sanctuary of thoughts,
Then now this place it offers a peace to ponder,
Then ever so oft I muse upon - unbroken hazy morns, incessant lazy noons.
Then again does reflection of bygones unlearn the art of procrastination?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave your comment, I'd be charmed to hear from you